Sunday, November 25, 2007

# 21 Podcasts, Smodcasts

Well, lots of frustration here. Checked out all three suggested podcasts directories, only Yahoo allowed me to view podcasts without downloading software. I did try downloading podcast software but it proved too frustrating and I gave up. I did however listen to the online radio stations through Podcast.net which was great fun (and very educational!). Some interesting podcasts on Library 2.0 and book reviews on Yahoo index. I have chosen the NPR (National Public Radio) site for its program on books as my example RSS feed to add to my bloglines.
I could see podcasts as a way to extend our audience for library programs. Children could listen to a podcast storytime at home. Special library activities, author visits, etc, could also be podcast for those who couldn't make it to the event. A library could also have book reviews podcast, a useful alternative for those with poor eyesight perhaps.

No comments: